New Haunted Attractions Include Biggest Scare Zone Ever, New Show and Expanded Calendar
Six Flags Magic Mountain’s 23rd season of Fright Fest 2015 will be the biggest and scariest in the Park’s history. The line-up of new haunted attractions includes two new scare zones … the biggest one ever, a new show, more roving “scare-actors,” and an additional weekend bringing the total to 17 event days.
For six frightfully fun weekends, Six Flags Magic Mountain leaves no tombstone unturned to deliver what guest’s want most…the ultimate scare factor. Fright Fest will include a total of seven electrifying mazes, seven dare-to-enter scare zones, and roaming zombies around every corner. If that’s not enough, Six Flags Magic Mountain will add a sinister element to some of their monster coasters by turning off the lights, leaving riders to face their fears in total darkness – literally.
Two new scare zones are being added to this year’s horror-filled offering of haunts. The Screampunk District is being transformed into Magic Mountain’s biggest scare zone ever, TERRORtory Twisted, where steam-spewing mechanical beasts relentlessly hunt down their victims. Also featured in TERRORtory Twisted is a diabolical new show, Unleashed, where a once-glorified, turn-of-the-century circus troupe returns to enact a haunted version of the maniacal and twisted performances of circuses past. The second new scare zone features a transformation of the ever-popular DC UNIVERSE into Sinister Circuit, where crazed comic-like characters run amuck under a canopy of mind-bending lights.
Returning for their second year, three popular mazes incorporate state-of-the-art props, Hollywood-quality make-up, and story lines not meant for the faint-of-heart. Enter the world of Red’s Revenge…over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother’s house you go, but in this fairytale, guests and the wolf are hunted by Red and her demonic minions. Vault 666 is an old abandoned research facility where genetic experiments crossing humans with animals were once conducted and just recently the frightening secrets have been unearthed, exposing terror and mayhem from deep within the unsecured vault. Willoughby’s Garden of Darkness, a dense labyrinth of man-eating plants and evil apparitions, is inhabited by Innocence, the Willoughby’s youngest daughter, who is always looking for a ghostly playmate…so keep loved ones close.
Also returning is the demented 3D twist, Toyz of Terror 3D, the defunct toy factory haunted by wicked windups, freakish furries and deranged dolls…and if that’s not enough to scare the wits out of even the bravest, guests are now forced to experience the madness in 3D terror. Willoughby’s Resurrected is a reincarnation of the Willoughby family’s beloved haunted mansion that includes hair-raising horror down long harrowing hallways and around each nightmarish-turn.
One of the largest and most popular mazes in Southern California, The Aftermath, returns in 2015 to strike terror into the brave souls entering a post-apocalyptic city inhabited by nomad warriors who rule with bone-crushing iron fists and the dead stalk the living. Also returning is Chupacabra, where guests come face to face with this elusive blood-thirsty creature as it petrifies the local Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Festival.
In addition to the two new scare zones, five additional scare zones around the park leave guests nowhere to hide and screaming to get out alive. After entering Fright Fest through the gates of Demon’s Door, face the undead in Zombie Xing. In Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy, childhood fears and favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist, freak out on Exile Hill when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning, and throughout the Wasteland, barbarian humanoids dare guests to enter the carnage of The Aftermath.
Additional spooktacular shows include the hypnotists, who put park guests in compromising scenarios in their hilarious stage show located in Golden Bear Theater, and the very popular VooDoo Nights, where Ghoul Rock has gone pop with a musical spectacular sure to entertain. Be sure to dust off your thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza.
For the little monsters, a Trick or Treat Trail and Halloween Crafts round out the activities during the day.
A new dining experience, Dining With The Dead, combines an all-you-can-eat buffet with spooky fun and monstertainment for the whole family in the Park’s Picnic Pavilion.
Fright Fest Operating Hours and Days:
10:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.: September 26, October 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.: September 27, October 4, 11, 18, 25 and November 1
For more information on Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest, visit our website at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain
2015 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the entire 2015 season with no blackout dates. Season Passes to both parks can be purchased online for a low monthly payment through the annual membership program. For a limited time, with the purchase of four or more Six Flags Magic Mountain, Hurricane Harbor, or Combo Season Passes or Memberships, guests will receive one free Parking Pass. Additional Season Pass perks include free tickets for friends and more. Season Passes can be purchased at the main gate ticket booths or online at sixflags.com.
Six Flags Magic Mountain is located at 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, Valencia, north of Los Angeles off Interstate 5 at the Magic Mountain Parkway exit. The Park is open weekends and school holidays. Fright Fest begins on September 27 and runs Friday thru Sunday in October plus Saturday, November 1. For information call (661) 255-4111 or visit us at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
- VAULT 666 – In the distance is an old abandoned facility that has recently been discovered with years of secrets of the unknown. If you dare to enter, be aware of your surroundings …. Unknown screams have been heard deep within the unsecured vault. Located near Full Throttle.
- RED’S REVENGE – Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother’s house you go. Enter the world of Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, but in the fairytale, you and the wolf are hunted by Red and her demonic minions. Located near the Full Throttle Sports Bar.
- WILLOUGHBY’S GARDEN OF DARKNESS – Do you dare to roam the haunted gardens of the Willoughby’s? This dense labyrinth of man-eating plants and evil apparitions is no playground for the faint at heart. Keep children close as Innocence, the Willoughby’s youngest daughter, is always looking for a playmate. Located up on the hill near the Sky Tower.
- TOYZ OF TERROR 3D – This now defunct toy factory is haunted by a chilling turn of events that took place when the admired inventor went psychotic, adding demented spirits to his beloved toys, leaving them all possessed. Wicked windups, freakish furries, and deranged dolls haunt those who dare to enter the factory. Playing with dolls and trucks will never be the same. Located near Full Throttle.
- TOTAL DARKNESS – Unexpectedly, the lights of the historic theater have darkened on the anniversary of the demise of the longest-running show. The spirits are awakened to haunt tourists who try to catch a glimpse of the ghosts who inhabit the decaying concert hall. Now your mind must find your way around with no light to guide you. Scream if you must and hold on to those you think you can trust. Located in Magic Moments Theater.
- WILLOUGHBY’S RESURRECTED – Horror awaits you at the Granddaddy of all Six Flags Magic Mountain mazes … the beloved family has resurrected and renovated their eerie home with more hair-raising terror around each nightmarish turn and dreadful screams down the long harrowing hallways. Located next to the Sky Tower.
- THE AFTERMATH – Enter a post-apocalyptic city where nomad warriors rule with bone-crushing iron fists and the dead stalk the living. Located next to THE RIDDLER’S Revenge.
- CHUPACABRA – Come face to face with this elusive blood-thirsty creature as it terrorizes a local Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) festival. Located near X2.
- NEW! TERRORTORY TWISTED – The quirky Screampunk District has been overrun by the largest, most twisted terrors that will instill both awe and fear in those who bravely dare to enter.
- NEW! SINISTER CIRCUIT – The insane and unruly run rampant in the streets of DC UNIVERSE. Prepare to be startled and spooked by these comic-like characters running amuck under a canopy of mind-bending lights.
- DEMON’S DOOR – Welcome to HELL … Once you enter, be prepared for your mind and body to be completely taken over by the evil spirits that await you. There’s nowhere to hide and you will be screaming to get out alive.
- ZOMBIE XING – Beware of the undead who will try to steal your bodies as they make their way from one haunting field to another.
- EXILE HILL – Banished from mortality, this hillside taunts creatures haunting the grounds as caretakers of the Willoughby estate.
- NIGHTMARES – A TWISTED FANTASY – This evil nightmare has never been so edgy as your favorite bedtime stories take on a new and twisted tale.
- THE WASTELANDS – Barbarian humanoids rule this land and dare you to enter The Aftermath.
THRILLS BY NIGHT
- NEW! X2: SATAN’S DOMAIN – Be sure to hold on to your soul as you plummet into the darkness and face your fears during every twist, flip and turn.
- TERROR TRACKS – RIDES IN THE DARK! – Face your fears with the lights off! Your favorite thrills in the dark on Twisted Colossus, Full Throttle, Apocalypse, Tatsu, Viper, THE RIDDLER’s Revenge, BATMAN The Ride and Goliath. Something so “twisted” would only happen during Fright Fest.
- MEET RIP MORGUE – Document your Six Flags Fright Fest memories with a photo of our Willoughby’s chauffer, RIP, and his “wheels.”
- NEW! UNLEASHED! – Once glorified performers in a turn-of-the-century circus mysteriously disappear and were never found again. A century later, their ghosts are unleashed and reunite every night to perform a haunted version of the circus show they once performed.
- DR. FRIGHT’S VOODOO NIGHTS – The hottest place to be with live bands, DJ’s, sizzling dancers and dark fun. Join the park ghouls for a grand finale at closing time when all the creatures of the night join forces and gather for a scare showdown.
- HIGH SIERRA HYPNOTIST – This amusing show stars the members of the audience. Guests who are chosen to be put “under hypnosis” will perform hysterical exploits never to be imitated “under consciousness.” Mature content.
- DINING WITH THE DEAD – Enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet in the company of creepy creatures, spooky fun and monstertainment. Saturdays, October 3, 10, 17 and 24: 5-7 pm.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS:
- WITCH HAZEL’S PUMPKIN PATCH CRAFTS – Crafted especially for our younger guests to stretch their imaginations.
- A LOONEY TUNES TRICK OR TREAT ADVENTURE – Kids (under 48”) and parents walk with Looney Tunes friends through Bugs Bunny World where they will find tantalizing treats along the way.
- LOONEY TUNES CHARACTERS – Grab your camera and meet your favorite Looney Tunes characters in their Halloween costumes.
– See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/newsroom/fright-fest-2015#sthash.kw9XkU2U.dpuf